Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Continuation of things we have done since we have moved here...

During my parents stay at the beginning of our move here we were able to go and visit some church history sites. It was such a beautiful day and we were able to go on a Sunday after church. This was my parents first time as well as Brooklyn's first time visiting such a beautiful place! I am so glad Matt and I were able to be with them on their first trip to such wonderful places!
So sweet, innoncent and so full of spirit... Sitting in front of the Joseph Memorial Monument.

Grandpa Kelsch and Brooklyn making their way to the monument. Brooklyn loved being with Grandpa! She sure misses him!

I just loved this picture of Matt holding Brooklyn's hand on our walk up the Hill Cummorah trail to see the monument and over look the huge hill where the Gold Plates were buried. We tried to envision exactly what it would have been like for Joseph Smith as the hill was probably full of trees and shrubs as all the whole area around it is.

I love this picture! Its at the Palympra Visitor Center which is a neat place to visit! It just so happens that the mission president and wife that I served under during my mission in Portland, Oregon, now serve as the center directors of the visitor center! They are almost done with their calling and I was so glad to learn they would still be here when we moved here! I am bummed I did not get a picture with them.... Hopefull soon before they are finished.



Walking through the Scared Grove... I LOVE the Sacred Grove... I remember coming here just after I graduated from high school and it is still the same as I remember!



The Palmyra Temple in the background. The Sacred Grove is directly in front of us. If you ever have the chance to go visit the temple and do wonderful work, be sure to look for the specatular view of the Sacred Grove from one of the windows inside the temple. Matt and I recently had the opportunity to go to the temple and it was such an amazing feeling! We love it there!


I love the Scared Grove!

We were able to visit Niagra Falls on the US side since my parents werent able to cross into Canada (no passports) hopefully next time Mom and Dad!

It was quite wet! We came on a not so good day where it was raining but nevertheless we still enjoyed it, didn't we Grandma and Grandpa? haha (mom you will not be happy I posted this but I wanted a picture with you two near the falls!)

Matt wishin he could take a dive in the Niagara Falls river! BRRRRR!

1 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

How neat I would love to visit those places.